What Boiler Maintenance Entails
One of the benefits of boilers is that they can have long lifespans if they receive proper care. Because boilers have few moving parts, they do not suffer the same amount of mechanical wear that furnaces do. However, boilers still require maintenance so they’ll reach a grand old age while staying in excellent condition. You should have a maintenance visit done once a year for your boiler—preferably in the fall so you won’t get stuck in the cold with a malfunctioning heating system. Regular maintenance will also guard your safety and ensure that your boiler is working at top efficiency.
When you call Dynamic Mechanical and sign up for our maintenance program, you’ll receive two maintenance visits a year, one for your air conditioner, and one for your heater. What can you expect to see our technicians do for your boiler in Hartford, CT, during a visit? Over a 2-hour period, the technician will give your boiler our Precision Tune-Up, which entails:
- Cleaning the burner: If the burner on a boiler isn’t kept free of dirt and grime, the burner jets will have trouble turning on and heating the water in the tank.
- Monitoring gas pressure/adjusting gas valves: Proper gas flow is important for a boiler to continue to work. The technician will see that the gas pressure is at its standard level, and adjust the valves to make sure the supply remains steady.
- Checking carbon monoxide levels: For the safety of you and your family, the technician will make certain there is no build-up or leak of carbon monoxide.
- Inspect for water leaks: One problem boilers encounter from age is leaks. The technician will inspect the tank, the pipes, and the connections to see that no water is getting out.
- Calibrating the thermostat: This is maintenance that all heaters (and air conditioners) receive, because it is necessary to keep your home comfort system working properly. The technician will see that your thermostat correctly reads your home’s temperature so it will adjust the heater accordingly.
Dynamic Mechanical doesn’t believe in rushing a maintenance job—we take great pride in this service. We offer 2, 3, and 5-year maintenance agreements to fit with your budget. Your boiler in Hartford, CT will get many extra years of service with proper attention from Dynamic Mechanical. Contact us today.
Tags: Boiler Maintenance Hartford Heating
October 07, 2013 | Categories: Heating Service
Previous Blog Post:Common Water Heater Repairs
Next Blog Post:Home Heating Tip: Why Choose a Hybrid Heating System?
Heating & Cooling
Heating & Cooling
License Number: S10393591
- Google Plus
© 2013–2023 Dynamic Mechanical Heating & Air Conditioning HVAC Bristol CT. All rights reserved.