Winters in this area can be pretty tough, and this coming season is shaping up to be long and cold. You need your heater to be there for you in order to heat your home successfully and with well-earned confidence. You also don’t want to be paying more than is necessary in order to enjoy that level of comfort, though.
We’ve got a few facts and tips that should help to get you started on the path to better heating efficiency. Feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have. When it comes to heating services in West Hartford, CT, we are definitely the company to call.
Some Facts and Tips
- A dirty filter can increase your electric bill up to 10%-20%.
- 1/8 inch of soot is equal to 6 inches of insulation on your boiler/furnace.
- Don’t turn your thermostat off, just lower the temperature 3-5 degrees when leaving the house.
- Dynamic Mechanical offers a loyalty program that can offer you up to 10% off every service call.
- Ceiling fans can be used in the winter to help with heated air circulation.
Keep Your System Well-Maintained
Some homeowners mistakenly believe that they need to invest in a brand new, high-efficiency heating system to start saving money on heating costs. In truth, however, routine maintenance can help to boost any heating system’s efficiency. Now, having a low-efficiency heater tuned up won’t magically make it a more efficient system. It can, however, help that system to work at its own peak efficiency level. Just because a system is relatively low on the efficiency scale doesn’t mean you should just throw in the towel and pay more to heat your home.
You can and should change your own air filter regularly, but that’s about it when it comes to DIY heating maintenance. The vast majority of such maintenance needs to be handled professionally. Schedule your heating maintenance with us, and get the most out of your system this winter.
Live more comfortably, choose Dynamic Mechanical.